Tips for a Proper Trail Running Shoe Fit
• Trail shoes fit differently than other running shoes, they are snugger around the arch to eliminate lifting on uneven ground and there should be a thumbs worth of distance between the toes and front edge of the shoe.
• Certain trail shoes have different levels of cushioning depending on the amount of protection and ability to feel the trail the individual runner wants.
• Regular running shoes are not built for the trail and will wear down quicker; trail shoes are built stronger and can accommodate runners on varied road conditions.
• Trail shoes have different soles for better performance on specific terrains. Rubber outsoles are best for running over boulders and rocks while knobby lugs build traction on terrains with loose dirt and wet conditions
Finding a proper fitting shoe is important whether it is for running or just for everyday wear. For more information contact Dr. Thomas J. Larson of Nebraska. Our doctor will treat your foot and ankle needs.
Proper Shoe Fitting
A common concern when it comes to foot health, having properly fitted shoes can help prevent injuries to the foot. Out feet affect our posture and gait, which in turn affects the biomechanics and overall bodily structure. With 33 joints, 26 bones, and over 100 ligaments, the potential for serious injury is much greater than one realizes. Although the feet cease growth in adulthood, they still change shape as they mature. Here are come factors to consider when it comes to investing in properly fitting shoes:
• Be sure the shoes fit correctly right away
• Ensure the ball of your foot fits comfortably in the widest portion of the shoes
• Even though they may look fashionable, improperly fitting shoes can either create adverse conditions or exacerbate existing ones you may already have
• Walk along a carpeted surface to ensure the shoes comfortably fit during normal activity
Keeping in mind how shoes fit the biomechanics of your body, keeping properly fit shoes is vitally important. Fortunately, it is not difficult to acquire footwear that fits correctly. Be sure to wear shoes that support the overall structure of your body. Do your feet a favor and invest in several pairs of well-fitted shoes today.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Omaha, NE. We offer the newest diagnostic tools and technologies for your foot and ankle needs.
Read more about proper shoe fitting.