Amazon, the e-commerce giant, may have received another firm to add to their well-known name called Shoefitr. The acquired company uses 3D technology to aid users in finding an appropriately fitting shoe size. Shoefitr technology allows 3D scanning to scan the insides of the shoes that will provide quality measurements and determine how comfortably the shoe will fit the foot. As it appears many of Shoefitr's customers are rivals of Amazon, this acquisition is a smart choice for the company.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. If you have any concerns about your feet contact podiatrist Dr. Thomas J. Larson of Nebraska. Our doctor will treat your foot and ankle needs.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people that wear shoes that are ill-fitting, which affects their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to selecting the right pair.
• When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot
• When measuring your foot with your shoe on, add 1-2 inches to the size
• Be sure there is 'wiggle room'. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes
• Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently
• Purchase shoes later in the day as your feet swell as the day progresses
• If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can't be 'broken in', and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat your feet right by choosing the right pair of shoes that can provide them comfort and mobility with minimal pain.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our office located in Omaha, NE. We offer the newest diagnostic tools and technology to treat your foot and ankle needs.